"Mom, I can't eat my ice cream. I got poo. You need to change me."
Mmmm, if Peyton can tell me this, then it's high time he gets potty trained. Seriously, he doesn't want anything to do with the potty. He flat out told me a few weeks ago, "I don't want to go poo and pee in the potty, I want to go in my diaper." So I haven't really pushed it on him yet and I haven't given it very much effort either, but I think it's time to get going. I am dreading it and hoping it's not going to be as bad as I think. Wish me luck!
Kewpie
3 days ago

5 comments:
Good luck lady, get those kids whipped into shape!
Yeah, so I also need to start Lilly on potty training but am also dreading it! Caroline said you just have to find which button is going to work for them. A toy to play with if they go or something. I'm thinking about using bubbles. I'll let Lilly blow bubbles if she uses the potty. We'll see how it goes. Keep us posted on your new adventure!
Oh my gosh!! I love the picture at the top, how cute! I'm glad you posted on my blog, now I can keep up with your cute little family!
Ok, so I am not an expert on this, however, what worked for my 2 kids is bribery! No joke. I took Skye to the store and we went down the princess dress aisle and I said, "Oh, look at all these pretty dresses, which one is your favorite?" She decided and then I asked her, "do you want it" and of course she said yes. Well then I said, "Tell you what, you go pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty w/o any accidents in your panties for a week and then we can come back and get this dress for you." She was more than willing. Also, after each time she went pee, I gave her 1 chocolate chip and if she went poop, she got 2 chocolate chips. It worked, we went and got the dress 1 week later. The chocolate chip thing eventually was forgotten about since she was going all the time and it was only natural. I pretty much did the same thing with Delanie, but she was easier because she wanted to be like Skye. Anyway, I am sure you will figure out what works best for your kids. Sorry about the novel!
I love your blog! It was fun to find it! I noticed it on my friend Starla and Carl's blog! I just started updating my blog...jamiepearce.blogspot.com
Take care!
Jamie
Post a Comment