Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nap Time

Peyton still does nap but some days he just doesn't. On days that he doesn't take a nap I usually load the kids in the car to put him to sleep and he usually sleeps for a couple hours. Some days he just falls asleep in front of a movie. So today I thought it would be one of those days that he just didn't take a nap. We were busy running around and finishing errands and I was sure he would fall asleep at some point around 2:00 while we were driving around but he didn't. We came home and my visiting teachers came over and he was so hyper. After they left he told me,"Mom, I want to take a nigh-nigh. You come and turn on my 'car race' light (race car nightlight) and close my door." I thought 'yeah right'. So I did and he crawled into his bed under his sheets and I shut the door and he went to sleep! He really literally put himself down for a nap!!!! I could not believe it. I thought "I have the best kid ever!" Now if only he would just teach himself how to use the potty.

4 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

I did the look alike meter. Very interesting. It is so nice to have a child that can communicate what they want (usually). Nap time is my favorite time of the day :)

Amber Larsen said...

Lucky dog. Kinsey has actually done that before too and it's the best thing ever. I'm still sorry she made Peyton bleed!!

CF Is Not Forever said...

That is too cute! What a sweet heart !

kristal said...

HELLO?! Go back a few of YOUR posts...I asked about doing a shoot. When and where? And when the heck are you guys moving up here?!!!!!