Wednesday, May 6, 2009

And they all go marching one by one....


The other day I had an OB appointment. I forgot about it until late the night before and didn't have anyone to watch the kids for me. So I figured I would just bring them with me since these appointments are easy and hassle free for now. We got into the room and the nurse came to listen to the baby's heartbeat. I thought this would be cool for the kids to hear but didn't think they would understand that it was the baby making that noise. Once we heard it I said to the kids, "Do you hear that funny sound? That's the baby in mommy's tummy." And Peyton immediately said, "It sounds like the baby is marching!" My heart about melted with love for that little boy right then.


The doctor came in and did his quick exam all while the kids sat thoughtfully and quietly on a bench out of the way. The doctor asked if I had any concerns or questions and I didn't, but Peyton said he had a question. So the doctor turned all his attention to Peyton and this is what Peyton said: (kind of sheepishly) "Someday I want to live with Heavenly Father." Could my heart handle this? And the doctor, being LDS, said to him, "I think that's a great idea along with your whole family. (and then speaking to me:) I think he must be listening in Primary!"


I was the proudest mamma ever.

6 comments:

G Gang said...

Sweet!

Kristina Rich said...

That boy does say the cutest things. I still remember him telling the firemen about transformers. What a doll!

C said...

Oh my gosh. That made me cry. And I love that he still says, I have a question-and its not even a question! haha

Michelle said...

That is so adorable and sweet. I feel like I want to cry it was so sweet. Kids say the best things.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Hey Bre! I got the suit at motherhood maternity-38 bucks so not too bad. you should get one!

Jaclyn said...

too cute - your kids seem so much older every time I see this!