So we took my little brother to the MTC yesterday. My dad, Michael, Peyton and Paige, and I drove to Utah and stayed with my Aunt until Wednesday when Michael reported. The drive was actually not as bad as I thought it would be with the kids. The took naps on and off durring the drive and we got out and walked around every few hours to let the kids stretch their legs and eat. On Tuesday we just ran a couple last minute errands for Michael and hung out with family the rest of the day which was so nice. Peyton played all day long without ever stopping to even eat. The kids jumped on the trampoline (which was their favorite thing to do), play in the kiddie pool, run on the slip and slide, play with squirt guns, and just run around. All the 'grown-ups' sat in the backyard and talked. It was so great to get to know everybody again since it's been quite a few years since I've seen any of my cousins and I met some new family members too. I really had a great time seeing everyone.
Then it was Wednesday and Michael was to report at 12:30. So we took him to Mcdonald's for lunch and then straight to the MTC. The whole time I was trying to distract myself from the reality of the situation and what we were about to do. I could barely look at Michael because I would start crying. It finally came time for him to go and I lost it. It was really hard for all of us and I could tell Michael just wanted to go because it was so hard. So we said our goodbyes and gave our hugs and he was gone. It was kind of a relief to get out of there and to know that that moment was finally done, because I've been dreading it and I know he was too. It was especially hard when we got onto the road on our way home and Peyton said, "Mom, where's Michael?" That was horrible. I'm crying right now thinking about it.
So ANYWAY, he is off and we are so proud of him and already can't wait for him to come home. I'm just glad that I won't have to do that again for a really long time.

P.S. I didn't have my camera because in the rush of leaving I forgot it. But I will get pictures from my dad and hopefully my Aunt soon from the visit. Stay tuned.
I Do Now
1 week ago

3 comments:
Wow I got tears in my eyes just reading this. It was great to finally meet you too Bre. We will keep Michael in our prayers and you guys keep us updated on his adventure.
Bre,
It was so good to see you and your adorable kids. I'm so glad you guys got to come. We definitely have to do it again sometime.
Julianne
It was so much fun to have you all visit. Leaving a missionary at the MTC is so hard, but it is amazing how fast the 2 years go by, at least for me. I hope we'll get to see you again in the not too distant future. In the mean time we will enjoy your blog. Love, Aunt Gayle
Post a Comment