I am SUCH a slacker mom! I did NOT dress the kids up for the 4th. I kind of didn't really care. I know, such a slacker. So I think Paige was wearing green that day (because she doesn't even have anything in red) and Peyton wore maroon, which I picked out on purpose because it was the closest to red. But they did have a great day in Show Low watching the parade and running for the candy. Paige loved seeing all the horses and Peyton thought it was so cool that people were throwing candy at him to fill his pockets! His pockets were so full that his pants kept falling down exposing his diaper but he didn't care he just kept pulling them up and running for more! And again, I am such a slacker because there are NO pictures from the weekend. Because I have to pack up so much stuff when we go to Show Low that I am bound to forget something! But Josh's mom is the photographer of the family so I'll have to get pictures that she took all weekend. Both the kids stayed up for fireworks but only lasted 5 minutes and then they were out! But for those 5 minutes they were both mesmerized! It was great too because we just sat in chairs in the driveway of Josh's parents house and watched them! And we watched the traffic which we were glad to not be a part of! It was great!
July 4th weekend was the way that summer should be spent. I just kept thinking "this is how it's supposed to be!" The kids ran through the sprinklers, ate popsicles, had a barbecue, sat outside on the porch swing, rode the 4-wheeler, it was just a perfect weekend. We had so much fun just enjoying summer, instead of being stuck in the house all day because it's 112 degrees outside!
I Do Now
1 week ago

1 comment:
I agree with you the way we celebrate the 4th should be the way we spend all summer. We were actually in Mesa for the 4th. What days are you guys going to be in Utah?
Post a Comment