Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My last year in my 20's...

Oh my.....I am 29. That's a big number. A scary one too. Didn't I just turn 24? I'm sure I did, that's not such a big number.

I had a great birthday, the best one I can remember in a while. (I can't remember too far back anyway.) It snowed all day making everything so beautiful, I had Josh and my kids celebrating with me, I got to celebrate Peyton's little successes in kindergarten, I picked out some fine things for myself that Josh wrapped up for the fun of opening them even though I knew what they were. It was a fine day.
I started thinking though... am I where I always thought I would be at 29? In some ways yes, and in some ways no. But I know that I am so glad to have what I have right now. I spent a lot of time in the past couple of years thinking about what I didn't have and what I thought I deserved and what I thought I was owed. Well I learned my lesson. I'm not consistently greatful for what I have but I get little reminders all the time nudging me along to look at the greater picture and see, really see how lucky I am. I think I have a gift to see the positive in most things, I really do. I am proud of myself for that. When we were going through the hardest thing in our life up to this point, I still was able to recognize the "tender mercies". I am grateful for my life, for my husband, my children, my family, my friends, my supports, my home, and anyone that makes me laugh. I'm thankful for a wonderful year, and hope for another one. Here's to my 30's! (Well, not yet.)

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Happy Late Birthday Bre!! I remembered very late last night!! I'm glad you had a good day and are able to see the tender mercies through the thorns. I feel the same way as you do though... where did those 5 years go? Oh well... guess we'd just better keep going forward!! Love you lots!!