Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our First Meal from the Garden

Yes, I'm talking Meal! We had these beauties for dinner tonight. We ate flowers for dinner! It was so cool! Of course they were battered and deep fried but how else are you supposed to eat flowers?



Oh yeah, and there was some zucchini too. Of course I ate as I cooked so this does not show the full amount of food. Food from the garden really doesn't last too long once it's picked.



Delicious! I love this whole garden thing. It is so satisfying.

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Yum!!! Looks like a great first garden meal! Congratulations on the first harvest!! I miss you!!

Todd said...

You seriously ate flowers? Why? What do flowers taste like? Maybe next time we visit you, we can have flowers for dinner.

Britt said...

Are those fried zucchini blossoms? I just saw a recipe for those yesterday! How weird, I wanted to try it!