Thursday, November 18, 2010

Defeat

I am feeling a little defeated right now. Just about little things in life. Especially cleaning my house! Whenever I clean a room I know the kids are going to come in right behind and me dirty it up again. So why not just leave everything as it is? Because it does feel really good to have things clean even just for a moment. I especially hate when I wash all the dishes and put them on the counter or the sink to dry and then one of those clean dishes or utensils are needed and they get dirtied up again before they even got put back. Same thing with laundry. Can't I just have every item of clothing or every dish clean and put away before something gets dirty again?


Paige loves to ignore me. I will tell her to do something 20 times before I just end up doing it myself. It is so annoying.

The kids are fighting with each other like no other right now. Wow. Peyton knows how to manipulate Paige and annoy the living poop out of her and Paige really knows how to react. She's a super star when it comes to crying and screaming. Here's a phrase I say 200 times a day: "Is that something to cry about?!!!!"

Nutcracker is barely coming along. I am nervous nobody is going to know what to do on stage.

My house is still the same as it was when we moved in. We have done a few things inside but it pretty much is the same as far as awesome wall paper and yellow paint throughout the whole house. Imagine a picnic blanket on your dining room wall with little fruits all over it. Imagine a faux brick wallpaper wall in your master bedroom. I said it was awesome.

But tonight I am going to enjoy decorating the Christmas tree in our new awesome house (I really do love our house despite the wallpaper) and forget about everything else for now. I am excited for the holidays to be here. And for the moment the kids are hiding from Josh so I am enjoying the quiet. Oh. It's over.

3 comments:

Amber Larsen said...

Bre- I know how you feel, it is so frustrating, don't worry it's normal and you're not alone : )!! doesn't make it easier but still... Good luck with your ballet, I'm sure it'll be fantastic!!

Julianne said...

Oh Bre... I love your face!! It's good that you have accepted the defeat and are moving on with the festivities of the Holidays!! Good luck buddy! Hang in there and remember you are loved!!

MP Flory said...

Sounds like the wonderful chaos you'll look back on fondly when they are teenagers. We have the same problem going on with Miles and ignoring. I'll ask him to do something and he'll just keep going, so now he gets punished if he does anything else other than say, "Okay, mom" and do it. it worked with Carter and arguing with me. It certainly tries your patience, though.